Home > Legal > When You Might Need A Denver Car Accident Attorney

When You Might Need A Denver Car Accident Attorney

Like virtually every American state and Canadian province, the State of Colorado requires that every driver carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage. Sometimes, people are irresponsible and have allowed such insurance to lapse; others may not even have insurance.
What can you do if you are injured by such an individual?
Call a qualified Denver Car Accident Attorney. A licensed Denver Car Accident Lawyer is well trained in the legal field of torts, or personal injury law as it relates to motor vehicle accidents.
What Can a Denver Auto Accident Attorney Do For Me?
Many of those who are injured in motor vehicle accidents through no fault of their own are not aware of their rights under the law. A licensed Colorado car accident lawyer will not only help in making you aware of your rights, but will help you to safeguard those rights in court and get you the compensation to which you are legally entitled.
What Can I Collect?
Assuming that the defendant - that is, the person responsible for your injury - is insured, you are entitled to be compensated for your medical bills, damage and loss to your vehicle and lost wages due to an inability to engage in your regular employment, as well as costs associated with any necessary rehabilitation, up to the limit of the defendant's coverage. Your Colorado car accident attorney can make certain that the insurance company treats you fairly and pays you in a timely manner.
What About Pain and Suffering?
A Denver auto accident lawyer can also help you should you choose to pursue damages for pain and suffering; however, you should be aware that (A) unlike medical bills and property loss, pain and suffering is a subjective area that is not easily measured, and (B) if the defendant has little in the way of assets, there may be nothing to collect. You can discuss this issue and learn more when you consult with a Denver car accident attorney.
What Is The Difference Between a Lawyer and an Attorney?
Although the terms "Denver auto accident lawyer" and "Denver car accident attorney" are used interchangeably, there is a difference: while the "Denver auto accident lawyer" is always licensed by the State Bar Association, the "Denver car accident attorney" is not; you could legally act as your own attorney, which simply means "legal representative". For your own benefit however, it is best to be certain that your Colorado car accident attorney is also a licensed Colorado car accident lawyer as well.
If you enjoyed the read, please share this article.
No comments yet. Be the first!

Articles you may like

Articles you may like

Printed from 2read.co - Your daily read

Article Categories